This delicious Low Carb Dish is a must-try!
Packed with protein & fiber to keep you feeling full without the carbs. So grab your spiralizer and let’s dive in!
- 2-4 Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Zucchinis
- 1 Yellow Onion
- ½ Broccoli Head
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Basil
- Panko (optional on chicken),
- 1-2 eggs (Only if adding panko crust)
- Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce – Sonoma Gourmet Brand I got from Sprouts
- 1 Jar of Creamy Alfredo
- 1 Jar of Creamy Spinach Alfredo
Follow these easy steps:
- Prepare Chicken- Wash and trim. Tenderize meat. Optional to add panko bread crumbs. It will add some carbs to the dish, but adds a nice crunch to the chicken. For panko, whisk an egg and coat chicken before covering in bread crumbs. Add garlic herb seasoning and set aside.
- Wash Zucchini and spiralize into noodles. Set Aside
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic until hot. Add chicken in skillet and cook until edges are golden brown and meat is white (depending on thickness of chicken, usually about 6 mins on each side, internal temp 165F). While cooking, add more olive oil if needed and some lemon juice.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil on medium heat until hot. Add broccoli heads and cook until they soften. Reduce to medium-low heat. Add in zucchini noodles and stir while cooking. Only allow them to cook for about 3-5 mins so they don’t get mushy. Add in the sauce and let it heat while stirring. Add more lemon juice, why not!
- Add the Alfredo Zoodles to a dish and place chicken on top. Spritz it up with some fresh basil and you’re ready to eat
I love this dish!
It’s one of my favorites! It’s easy to make, tastes delicious, and bonus, it’s low in carbs! Substituting the zucchini noodles for traditional pasta completely changes the nutrient content of this meal. Traditional pasta is a refined carbohydrate, which means it’s quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and spikes blood sugar. Zucchini noodles are a great substitute for pasta because you get all the benefits of fiber and antioxidants from the zucchini without the blood sugar rush. Low in carbs, rich in nutrients!
To spice it up, try adding mushrooms to the sauce. Yum!
Disclaimer: The information in this article is designed for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. This information should not be used to diagnose or treat any health conditions without consulting your healthcare provider. Information used is based on experience and opinion, not 100% evidence. Always consult with a health care practitioner before relying on any information in this article or on this website. Some links in this article may contain affiliate links.